Troubleshoot Your RV Cooling Unit Step By Step
Here are some steps to troubleshoot your RV Cooling Unit:
- Make sure your refrigerator is level before operating.
- Is your 12-volt battery fully charged?
- Have you tried the refrigerator on gas and electric?
- Have you installed the gas flue baffle from the old cooling unit into the replacement?
- Are the cooling unit absorber coils getting warm? (check the outside access door)
- Is the vent top obstructed?
- Are the door gaskets good?
- Did you apply thermal mastic on exposed tubing before installation?
- Are the freezer and refrigerator screws that secure the cooling unit tight?
- Is the electric heating element in the heater sleeve? If so make sure its inserted to the bottom of the heater pocket?
- Is the heating element good? Have you checked it?
- Have you hot-wired the heating element to hook the cooling unit up directly, bypassing the controls?
Get more maintenance information for your RV Cooling Units and get the most cooling days ever.